Apr 29, 2013

I've been told more than once that Jeff and I are "LUCKY" that we don't have to stress over trying to figure out preschools, sports, dance, etc since we don't have any kids.  The people who have told us this know our situation and one person said that right after I told them about our failed adoption a couple months ago. I told Jeff that if I hear that one more time, I might BLOW a fuse!!! Yes, being a parent is stressful and expensive, but we have to pay for things that most people don't have to pay for in order to have kids.  We've had to pay for adoption expenses, fertility procedures/medication, more doctor appts than most people and we don't have any kids to show for it. With Mother's Day around the corner it gets even harder with these comments. I don't want to sound bitter, but those with kids you have know idea how "LUCKY" you are. I can't wait for midnight feedings, lack of sleep, once they get older driving them to their sports or activities. Seeing their face light up when we go on family vacations.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that people say stupid stuff:( I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you guys go through to get children. I know I am extremely blessed. My sister in law is still trying to get pregnant, has had the last 2 foster children fail to end in adoption. I get to be there for her in those moments and always pray I will know how to help her make it to the next time and keep her hopeful.

    ReplyDelete